“Do you know how your customers really feel about your level of service?”
Today we review customer satisfaction.
Client satisfaction is the #1 priority for your project teams.
Some may argue with that statement but we will discuss that at another date. For today, just believe in the statement.
Since customer satisfaction is the #1 priority we need to know how we are doing on that. We need to benchmark and manage all the customer interfaces or touch points.
Our goal is higher profits through repeat and referral work. We can only achieve this by exceeding the customers expectations.
- Keep an open view of Client Satisfaction
- It’s more than just building the project
- Understand what is important to your client
- Expand beyond the normal requirements
- How are you doing
- Conduct some client surveys to benchmark your performance
- Survey suppliers, subs and others in the market as well
- Create a baseline of your performance
- Refine and improve
- Use the results o your surveys to determine areas that need improvement
- Make changes to the low scoring areas
- Repeat the process with every client
Remember, the project management team is where the rubber meets the road. You can advertise and talk about how you do such a great job but it’s the project team that has to deliver on those promises. The only way to know for sure if they are delivering is by benchmarking.
Understand your client’s level of satisfaction
Improve the areas that are underperforming