Deciding what project management system to use takes some careful consideration.
Q: How do I know which project management system if right for my company?
A: The one you will use and fits your needs.
- The most important thing is to have a system to use
- This is how we organize our projects
- They can create time
- Create processes that work for you
- Figure out what you want then compare what is available
- What do you want to improve?
- How do you want to use it? What functions do you want to accomplish?
- How will you use it? Mobile? Tablet? Computer?
- How will clients use it? Will they use it?
- Make a list of the things you want so you can compare the different systems
- Now that you have chosen a system the work is just getting started – or maybe several systems
- If you don’t use the system then it’s a waste of time
- Create policies and provide education on using the new system
- Start small, maybe just one or two modules or aspects like drawing management
- Then add additional items as people get used to the system
- Inspect the work – if you want people to use it then you need to verify they are