E320: Improving The Right Things
Are you correcting the symptoms and missing the cause?
- Too often we work on fixing the wrong things
- We fix the symptoms and not the cause
- Changing the travel policy because of one bad apple
- Avoid hard work and take the easy fix
- The wrong things altogether
- Golfers work on a driver instead of the short game which accounts for more than 60% of shots
- Choosing the right things
- Be clear on what you want to accomplish
- Break it down into detail – not just increase revenue (why do you want to increase revenue – results)
- List things that you can improve to get what you want
- Determine which ones to work on
- Do some critical thinking on each item
- Determine the right one
Are you focusing on the right things?
Are you fixing the symptom and not the cause?
Are you clear on what you want to accomplish?
Review something you are working
Practice critical thinking to determine the right things