When it comes to successful contracting there are 4 keys pillars I look for in a company.
- Vision, brand and product
- Vision – the why
- Brand – the company as a whole – the glue that holds it together
- Product – what makes you different – why should someone hire you
- Schedule, service, support, price, budget, etc.
- Processes and habits
- Operational procedures and processes
- What people do regularly and how things are handled
- What’s important to your organization
- People and culture
- Hire the best
- Train, train, train
- Give them a culture that lets them thrive
- Execution and refinement
- You can have the first 3 but if you don’t execute on them you will fail
- Plan, do, check, act
- Constant improvement
Do you agree with these 4 pillars?
Where does your firm rank in each one?
Where do you need improvement?
Give these pillars some real thought
Look closely at #1 for your business