Keeping our projects on schedule can be challenging. Set yourself up for success with proper planning.
Q: How do I get my suppliers and subcontractors to meet my project schedules?
- Scheduling projects is a huge challenge
- You need to set up the schedule properly – if it’s not accurate it’s useless
- Updating and managing – keep the project updated with current progress
- Getting the work done – you have to monitor activities to make sure they stay on track
- It starts with a good schedule
- Get your full team participation – you need buy-in
- Make it effective and understandable
- Communicate it to the field
- Set the tone
- Be clear to everyone that schedule is important to you
- When a new sub comes on board monitor them closely on their first task – they’ll get the picture
- Once you let them know the importance of meeting commitments they will be more likely to continue
Do you struggle to meet your schedules?
Are they realistic?
Do you get full buy-in upfront?
Do you monitor your schedule?
How can you improve your process?
Have a good scheduling process
Communicate your schedule clearly and frequently
Use a tool like the 3-week look-ahead for coordination