Create a series of checklists to help manage the project start-up process.
These are great tools for helping us with proactive planning.
- Build Systems
- Systems are tools, processes, etc. that guide our business operations
- They provide guidance and direction to our teams
- Create the checks and balances necessary
- Start-up Checklists
- Create list of task/items descriptions / responsibility / date / etc.
- Create lists for each area of concern like accounting, contract review, resources, project planning, etc.
- Have a master list to summarize everything and be managed by the project lead
- Create & Adjust
- Start creating the lists by writing down all you can think of then add as you go
- Amend the lists as things happen and change – save to central location
- You can also create these as Project Templates in task management systems
Project Start-up checklists are awesome tools for making sure we are doing the proper preparation for our projects.
Create start-up checklists
Implement the lists
Adjust and update the lists as you go