“What tools do you use to keep track of things in the field?”
Today we look at tracking field issues.
- Tracking field items
- Tracking is an important way to make sure things don’t fall through the cracks
- There are many things to track from quality issues to production to changes
- What take priority?
- Get it right
- Set your priorities during the planning process
- Identify key risks, factors, and indicators
- Be sure to track the right aspects – if tracking Quantity/Day does hours/day matter?
- Use Systems
- We have to develop the proper systems to make tracking work
- Could be lists, spreadsheets, applications or combination of all
- Make it easy to use – KISS principle applies here
This is an important thing to get right, too complicated and it doesn’t get done. Too simple it it’s a waste of time. Take some time to see what works.
Review your current tracking systems
Make improvements needed
Track it and inspect it